What is the difference between uncleared, available and balance?
‘Uncleared’ is the sum of all transactions that have not been processed yet. This includes:
- Payments (except future-dated and delayed Immediate Interbank Payments) that you have made, but the money has not left your account yet.
- Payments made to you, but the money has not arrived in your account yet.
‘Available’ is the amount of money that you have in your account. This includes:
- Your overdraft if you have one.
- Amounts not yet fully paid to the bank. Amounts not fully paid into your account can still be reversed, even though they appear as available.
- Future-dated transactions and delayed Immediate Interbank Payments that have not been processed yet.
‘Balance’ is the total amount of money that is currently in your account. The balance will often be different to your available balance because it includes uncleared transactions.